Four Brunettes and a Redhead

Four Brunettes and a Redhead

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Many Colored Days of a Three Year Old

My daughter is three. With that comes a lot of questions. "What is that, Mommy?" "Why did they do that?" "Who is out there?" "Where is my hedgehog?" and so forth. Her latest string of questions involve people and all the characteristics that define them. She is very interested in skin color and why we are all so different. One of her favorite songs to sing is "Jesus Loves The Little Children of The World." While shopping the other day she befriended two little African American boys and was enthralled by the way they were so different than she was. With this new revelation, there also began a new string of questioning that lasted for several days. Keep this in mind as I finish this post.
On a separate note, our extended family is expanding. My parents will have gone from 0-7 grandchildren in the last 6 years when our two newest members arrive next summer. My brother and his wife Anna are expecting a baby in June and my sister Paula and her husband Johnny are expecting in August. We are thrilled to welcome these new additions and of course my kids can't wait to meet them!
Now back to my story, on Monday, Jake and Anna went in for their ultrasound to find out the gender of the baby. We were very excited to learn that they will be having a GIRL!! I wanted to share the good news of a new baby girl cousin with Sissy so I said, "Hey sis, guess what Anna and Jake's baby is going to be?!" Her response, "It's gonna be black!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment